- Dated: 17th–18th century
- Place of Origin: Thanjavur
- Culture: South Indian, Thanjavur
- Medium: steel
An odd, yet very beautiful variation of a Katar dagger with an European blade.
Sand mandala at Thikse Monastery, Ladakh, India.
This scene was perfect
That time James Bond replied to homoerotic taunting not with some macho no homo bullshit, but by calmly implying he was bisexual anyway and somehow did not suddenly cease to be awesome but instead roughly doubled in awesome points.
Bravest Warriors #24 is coming out next week, with this cover I did for it! Here’s some of the process work - I included some explanations this time. I don’t know if it’ll be helpful at all or just… verbose… but hopefully there’s something useful in there :>
2. Tight sketch
3. Rough values painted underneath the sketch
4. Value painting on top of the sketch to tighten things up
5. Flat colors! Regular area fill for set pieces, and a few color/overlay layers to quickly indicate hues in the painting
6. Set lighting: using multiply layers to indicate the overall scene lighting raking across the wall, working out how that will interact with the portrait painting and lead the eye. Also continuing to paint in regular layers on top of the portrait.
7. Warming/brightening up the scene lighting, picking out highlights on the frame, softening some form shadow edges to add dimension, adding some rimlight to Catbug. Continuing to work up the portrait. Adding occlusion shadows under the frame and curtains.
8. Using a lighten layer to better expose and unify the areas of the scene struck by light. Lightening the shadow areas a bit to raise overall tone and prevent stuff from getting lost or too dark.
9. Pushing the lights even further to get a stronger afternoon-light feel and create better separation between light and shadow. Adding a soft glow around the light edges. And dust mote sparkles! :>
This white boxer dog got more than he bargained for when he wandered into the sea off the coast of Scotland to get his owner’s ball back… The seal suddenly appeared and patted the boxer dog on the face during the unusual encounter. The young dog noticed the baby seal with its head poking out the water and the baby seal bobbed up to say hello too! ♥
Cool doggie V selkie, the ultimate battle
that’s how you make armor for women, no bullshit boob cups.
A wave viewed from underwater
waaaThis is insane
thats like the sky for sea creatures o.o
THE TRUTH OF NATIVE AMERICANS BEFORE THE GENOCIDE
Gotta put this on blast.
We never needed a white savior.
I hate this country.
What I learned from this video:
- 100 million Native Americans died at the hands of white colonists
- Instead of planting crops the colonists spent their days digging random holes in the ground looking for gold. They started starving and dug up Indian corpses to eat. They took Indian prisoners and forced them to teach the colonists how to farm
- Native Americans had massive cities with tens of thousands of well constructed houses, intricate water canals and large merchant areas.
- The Native Americans used soaps, deodorants and breath sweeteners while colonists never bathed or even took of their clothes
- There was a delousing policy with the mantra Nits create Lice; nits being Native American babies, so their goal was to kill every Indian, including babies
- In the 1700’s 80% of the Federal Budget went towards eradicating the Native American population so they could take their developed farmland
- Colonists leaders went town after town killing men women and children under the approval of George Washington
- "Pursue Indians to extermination" -Thomas Jefferson
- California governor (1849-1851): “extermination must continue to be waged until the Indian becomes extinct”
The main factor which prevented Native American extinction was the fact they were used for slave labor. The most prized Native Americans were young girls who were said to be valued for labor and lust (that one white dude in your ethnic studies class that says he’s 1/36th Cherokee?)
In modern times children were forced into Indian Boarding Schools whose goal was to “Kill the Indian in them”. It was federal policy. They were beaten if they used their native tongue, they were forced to dress and style their hair like whites
This country was literally built on terrorism and mass murder. White people are savage terrorists.
Your Body Is Beautiful And You Are A G o d d e s s
Reblogging again because YES!
girl in the first picture idk you but I’d like to
I love this so much because all the women have different body shapes. Sometimes in posts like these it is all women with curves in all the same places. This means so much to me, I can’t even explain
especially as someone who before has been made before to feel like they can’t fit into this movement by people because of bra size + stuff.
Can you believe I got to draw 80s Kiefer Sutherland for a class assignment
Maggots, Michael. You’re eating maggots, how do they taste?
Matcha Green Tea Shortbread
The cookies are buttery, melty, and chock full of the taste of green tea. They go great with a cup of tea.
Archived photos from a great hike just east of Jasper National Park. I love these people with all my heart. There is nothing like sharing the beauty of the mountains and losing yourself in their splendour with people you count as friends.
Grey Peacock-Pheasant (Polyplectron bicalcaratum) of southeast Asia.
yo why didnt i know about these
Wow man forget regular peacocks this thing is magical.